Who would have thought that I will make it to my 21st birthday alive and kicking? So yeah, cheers to adulthood and responsibilities (not)! To be honest, I am still on my denial stage. I refuse to accept that I am now officially an adult. Seriously, who has their life figured out at 21??? (Well, unless you are a Kardashian/Jenner)
I don’t like making wishlists because it brings me nothing but disappointment. This year though, I figured that maybe I should create a list and actually make a conscious effort to get most, if not all, of them. Maybe it’s about time to have #goals. I know that this is one long list, but hey, a girl can dream!
So here goes:
- Kindle Paperwhite. I always wanted to buy this e-book reader since first year college. I remember when my friend let me borrow his Kindle, I enjoyed it so much that I finished the whole Harry Potter Series in less than two weeks. Nothing beats reading and holding an actual book but Kindle is a great alternative since it doesn’t really strain the eyes.
- Glasses. My old one’s a bit loose now so it just slides off my face every time I use it.
- Case for my Note 4. Nothing fancy. Just something to keep it protected because my phone has a habit of falling on my face EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I. USE. IT.
- Get my own domain. Hopefully before the end of the year. I want fweaky.com so bad please help.
- Driving lessons. I asked for this as a graduation gift and my Mom already said yes but I don’t know when I’m starting. I hope very soon!
- Macbook Pro. I always wanted one because of Photo Booth and iMovie. My laptop (which I got for my 18th birthday) still works perfectly fine but a little upgrade would be nice.
- Running Shoes. Any pair would do because I’m not really a huge fan of shoes but this pair of Flyknits’ pretty nice. (Size 7 ako. Wala lang fun fact lang.)
- Carly Rae Jepsen tickets. Carly’s supposed to have her concert last August 12 but it got postponed because of a typhoon. I wanna watch but I’m already broke because of Ariana Grande. I’d really, really, really like to see you, Carly.
- Celebration at Antonio’s
- Make-up. I have loved make-up ever since I was a little kid (oo, malandi na ako noon pa). I remember playing with my Mom’s make-up and asking for my own set. Right now I have my eyes on (1) Mac’s Matte Diva Lipstick (2) Mac’s Lip Conditioner (3) Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Light to Medium) and (4) Benefit’s Brow Zings Shaping Kit (Dark)
- Clinique Happy
- I always had my eyes on this Michael Kors Watch.
- And this classic Michael Kors bag in Dark Khaki.
- Game of Thrones complete book set
- The drive to start working out. Living the bum life has taken its toll on my weight and it’s stressing me out because I no longer fit in half the clothes in my closet. I don’t really plan on enrolling to a gym but I want to at least start eating healthy and have a more active lifestyle.
- 1TB Hard Drive. Too many series. Too many movies. Too much music. So little disk space.
- A life. Because srsly.
- I want my long hair back. 2015 is officially the year I ruined my hair. I dyed it brown, and then black, chopped off almost 12 inches, and then tried to dye it back to brown and failed miserably. Now my hair’s so uneven and so dry that it’s too painful just to look at it. This year I just wish that it will grow back fast and healthy and I promise that I will swear off of salons for a while.
- School Supplies. Notebooks, colored pen and markers, sticky notes, and whatever else my heart desires. Lots of it.
- Out of town trip. Spontaneous trip to a faraway town, yes?
- Pass the November 2015 Philippine Nursing Licensure Exam. I am pleading to all the gods to give me the strength and the wisdom to take my review seriously. I am now starting to panic because this will be the biggest exam of my life yet and I am barely prepared. Lord, help please.
After reading this list, you may think that “dami namang gusto netong babaeng ‘to” but these are just things that I want. It may come off as me wanting more even when what I have is more than enough. On the contrary, I am filled with nothing but gratefulness. I had a hard time (it took me 2 weeks) listing down these 21 wishes and that made me realize that I already have everything that I need in my life. But more than the material things, I am more thankful of all the blessings, and even the not-so-good days that came my way. I am grateful for the gift of life, family, friends and wisdom.
At 21 years old, I can say that I already went through a lot, and I am excited for what’s ahead of me. Here’s to growing a year older but keeping the youthful energy forever!